When computer software is build and ready, change happens. And because it happens, it needs to be controlled effectively. Software configuration management (SCM) is a set of activities that are designed to control change by:
- identifying the work products that are likely to change,
- establishing relationships among them,
- defining mechanisms for managing different versions of these work products,
- controlling changes that are imposed,
- auditing and reporting on the changes that are made.
i2i can use various different tools for Configuration Management depending on your Technology choice and standards.