[PRESS RELEASE] A Modern BSS platform implementation for a Full Digital operator with i2i Systems on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
A North American Telecom Service Provider implemented their business support system (BSS) platform using a multi-tenant solution from digital enablement and revenue management software provider i2i Systems.
i2i Systems provides the Online Charging System as well as its Provisioning System Stargate making this provider’s service offerings more competitive in the North American Market. Its modular, open, and virtualized architecture can be deployed in a hybrid cloud environment with lower risk and lower operational cost for the operator.
With a new release, i2i Systems is moving its platforms to OpenShift which will result in a more agile and convergent network environment that enables the operator to launch innovative mobile offers and service bundles faster than any other operator in the market.
i2i BSS System offers;
- True convergence; manage a variety of different services on a single application platform, including voice, video, data, and multimedia and charge customers on a prepaid or postpaid basis.
- Dynamic pricing and balance policies provide highly configurable rate plans, packages and scenarios to CSPs to meet faster time-to-market requirements.
- Ready for advanced 5G service monetization; integration with 5G Core networks through NCHF interface (3GPP Release 16.4) capable of charging new 5G digital bundles such as network slicing, along with diameter support to integrate with legacy networks (i.e. 2G/3G/4G).
- Adherence to standards; conforms to industry standards, 3GPP and TMFORUM, assuring long term product life.
- Proven performance, reliability and scalability; deployed at several leading Tier-1 operators, it provides a unified platform for converged charging across multiple markets, scalable with Network Operators’ businesses with out of the box horizontal scalability, “five 9’s” availability to support tens of millions of customers.
To deliver this work, i2i Systems has entered into collaboration with Red Hat to build a distributed 5G ready BSS solution blueprint based on Red Hat OpenShift as a common application platform providing ‘develop once deploy anywhere’ advantage. For the initial project phase the solution is deployed on AWS hyperscale infrastructure and can easily expand to other cloud platforms and edge locations if required.
5G ready BSS solution deployments mainly consist of: one central converged charging system (CCS) deployment blueprint and an additional expansion/coverage blueprint (5G CHFs).
- The Central CCS blueprint takes advantage of Red Hat Openshift’s automated host provisioning, simplifying the deployment on AWS (with AWS regions).
- Future expansion/coverage of the blueprint can be spread across AWS local zones, outposts or other cloud and edge locations.
However, both blueprints can leverage the same Red Hat OpenShift release with configuration models and avoid drift from a PaaS layer perspective or can be handled independently from an operational perspective.
All innovative telecommunication solutions of i2i Systems, which are planned to be launched very soon, are being developed with a containerized microservice architecture, to make the product ready to run on Red Hat OpenShift. Standardizing on a common platform allows i2i Systems solutions to be developed, launched and innovated faster in order to provide their customers a competitive advantage. i2i Systems’ software will be available via Red Hat’s catalog of certified software.
i2i Systems offers end to end BSS solutions as well as products in the 5G Network domain. i2i Systems plans to offer cloud-native telecom applications based on modern architecture and software development methodology that is built on Red Hat platforms.
Red Hat, the Red Hat logo and OpenShift are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Follow us on social media to stay updated about i2i News!