FCBS Charging and FCBS Billing are two separate products that are integrated to work as an end-to-end revenue management solution.
FCBS is standards compliant, configurable and flexible Charging & Billing System which delivers both online and offline charging and revenue management functionality to Operators. Having been designed as two separate modules, the charging and billing applications can work independently as stand-alone solutions.
With its centralized balance management and spending control capabilities, it allows different cross product discounting methods across multiple markets, prepaid and postpaid products.
Adherence to standards
Carrier grade technology and performance with true convergence
FCBS Charging System comes with a built-in Online Charging System (OCS), which supports Gy, Sy and Ro interfaces with the network nodes. Its flexible rating engine allows enterprise to use any information within the usage record for charging purposes. The balance management functionality within the OCS provides the following features:
FCBS uses a custom designed bucket functionality, where the Filter rules define which types of events will be accumulated in a bucket and Actions define the process which will be triggered when the accumulated usage hits a specified Threshold level. There can be any number of thresholds and actions defined for a bucket. Built-in actions within the system are;
- crediting / debiting buckets
- activating / deactivating buckets
- Fixed/Mobile Telco services; Telephony, VoIP, SMS, MMS
- Fixed Data Services; ADSL, Broadband (ATM, Metro Ethernet, Frame Relay)
- Mobile Data services; 3G,4G/LTE, Wi-Fi
- Event and Content based services
- Activity based video services; PAYTV, IPTV, video-on-demand
- Enhanced Recurring Charge Functionality, including pro-ration at the beginning or end of the period.
- Commitment & Penalties (both Time Based and Revenue Based)
- Billing time discounts on different charge types
- Monthly payment plans (instalment)
- Carryover of Commitments during Bundle Package Changes (Upsell/Downsell)
- On-Demand Billing
- Split Billing
FCBS comes with built-in Accruals, Deferrals, Billing and Payment reports that can be used for Accounting system integration. The Account Receivables Module of FCBS also includes;
- Payment Processing
- Write-offs, Doubtful Debts
- Late Payment Fees